Hi, I am Malcolm, a DBS checked RGT tutor since 18 years, who communicates his love via music through Cool Gool Music! My love to see you my student continually improve in how to translate your feelings and music ideas onto the guitar, bass or ukelele, regardless of your preferred style.
- internationally online;
- from my London studio in Surrey Quays/ Canada Water (a step’s throw away for anyone in SE16, SE1, SE14, SE15, SE8 & E14);
- at yours (within zone 3 of TfL network);
- as group lessons in SE16 Rotherhithe, and other centres London-wide (if enough applicants in same area).
Lesson times are as hereunder GMT working hours but flexible to change (especially for overseas online lessons).
View my studio’s 360 degrees tour in fullscreen here or by clicking the image hereunder.
Acoustic/classical/electric? Guitar/bass/ukelele? At what age to start? How long to become good? Please read the FAQs.
Get lessons as gifts for your friends/partners OR book directly for yourself here!
Prefer to learn as a group at your place/office/centre? Print this.
- 1-2-1 lessons for students of all ages; designed with your goals in mind
- Group lessons at different levels – 16 different modules from acoustic to electric, from theory to harmony, from practice focus & organization to musical appreciation courses without even playing an instrument.
- Modern guitar techniques (in tab and/or music notation)
- Shifting the notes in your head to your fingers.
- Weekend lessons possible.
- Lessons in English, Italian, German, or Maltese
- 7 mins walk from Canada Water (Jubilee Line)/ Surrey Quays (Overground)
- 18 years teaching experience
- Member of Registry of Guitar Tutors (affiliated with London College of Music, UWL)
- live/studio guitar player with various bands in different styles since 1992
- specializing in modern guitar rhythm techniques
- accredited Honors from Berklee College of Music, USA; chosen to perform at Berklee Blowout Concert
- holder of ABRSM music theory certificates
- DBS checked
- more info at my Profile.
Cool Gool Live in London : Sunday 4th March 2018
I do not often play live these days due to teaching commitments, so I am bursting with ideas and on Sunday 4th March (in Camden) I will be experimenting with sounds in a one-off different event than usual > info at www.apuliacafe.com/painting-with-sounds (or you can RSVP the Facebook event!) Plus it’s free entry & good food too!